Paris is a historic city and always has enough knowledge and history to offer to its visitors. One of Paris's most popular and iconic destinations is the Eiffel Tower. The Eiffel Tower is considered a Paris symbol and instantly recognizable worldwide. When the tower was completed in 1889 as the centerpiece of the 1889 World's Fair (Exposition Universelle), the Eiffel Tower was a remarkable engineering and architectural achievement. The tower provides a unique vantage point to appreciate the city's layout, landmarks, river, and romantic ambiance. When the tower is illuminated at night, it's a flawless ambiance for couples and honeymooners. Moreover, the Eiffel Tower is a photographic icon of the world. It serves as a picturesque backdrop for countless photos, making it a sought-after location for travelers and photography enthusiasts. So here's a list of places from where you can find the best Eiffel Tower views in Paris.
Trocadéro Gardens is probably the most popular location to get the best view of the Eiffel Tower. The elevated platform at Trocadéro offers a panoramic view, allowing you to capture the tower against the backdrop of the Seine River. It's a beautiful vibe in peak summers when the days are long, and the Eiffel Tower sparkles only once a day. The crowd at Trocadéro Gardens keeps cheering and enjoying the view till the sparkle goes off after five minutes.
This is my favorite way of capturing the tower. You can simply stroll along the Seine River's banks, especially around the area near the Eiffel Tower. You can capture the tower's reflection in the water during the golden hours of sunrise or sunset.
Champ de Mars
Champ de Mars is a huge garden area located right in front of the Eiffel Tower. It's a great place to capture the landmark. You can also spend some quality time here by having a picnic, playing, or just relaxing in the garden. This park provides a peaceful setting to capture the tower from a unique angle.
Pont de Bir-Hakeim
This bridge offers a unique perspective, allowing you to capture the Eiffel Tower through the metal structure of the bridge. The views from both sides of the bridge are equally impressive.
Passerelle Debilly is a beautiful bridge itself. You can capture a few amazing shots on this bridge, which crosses the Seine River and offers a slightly distant view of the Eiffel Tower. It's a great spot to capture the tower along with the river's reflections.
From Pont d'Iéna, you can see the Eiffel Tower rising gracefully in the distance. Pont d'Iéna is a bridge that spans the Seine River, connecting the Trocadéro area to the Champ de Mars park, which lies directly in front of the Eiffel Tower. This vantage point offers a magnificent view of the Eiffel Tower. It is a favorite spot for locals and tourists to capture stunning photographs.
Another great way of capturing the Eiffel Tower is from the beautiful Parisian streets. You can simply take a walk along the cute little streets, enjoy sipping a coffee, and have a delightful view of the Eiffel Tower. Here is the list of streets in Paris from where you can get the best Eiffel Tower views.
- Rue de l'Université: This street offers a classic view of the Eiffel Tower framed by Haussmann-style buildings.
- Rue Saint-Dominique: As you walk along this street, you'll find various vantage points to capture the Eiffel Tower rising above the Parisian rooftops.
- Quai Branly: This quay runs along the Seine River and provides excellent viewpoints for photographing the Eiffel Tower, especially from the Parc du Champ de Mars side.
- Rue de Monttessuy: A narrow street leading directly to the Eiffel Tower. It's excellent for capturing the tower up close while also including some Parisian architecture in your shots.
- Avenue de la Bourdonnais: As you walk down this avenue, you'll get varying views of the Eiffel Tower along the way.
- Square Rapp: This tranquil green space offers a unique view of the Eiffel Tower framed by the surrounding architecture and foliage.
- Avenue de Camoens: Avenue de Camoens is one of the most iconic landmarks in the city. This tree-lined avenue is located in the 16th arrondissement, providing an elegant and slightly elevated view of the Eiffel Tower. Compared to some of the more crowded locations in Paris, its tranquil atmosphere makes this place unique.
Tip: One of the great places to view the tower is to take the Bateaux Mouches Cruise. It's a paid boat ride but offers terrific Eiffel Tower views. Taking a Seine River cruise with Bateaux Mouches provides a different angle for photographing the Eiffel Tower from the water. The reflections in the river and the changing perspectives as the boat moves can lead to some fantastic shots.
The Eiffel Tower's enduring appeal as an architectural masterpiece, romantic symbol, and cultural icon continues to draw millions of visitors to Paris each year. Remember that Paris is a city of hidden gems. You might discover additional streets and viewpoints that offer unique perspectives of the Eiffel Tower as you explore. Whether on a main boulevard or a quiet backstreet, keep an eye out for opportunities to capture the iconic landmark in creative and unexpected ways. Keep Exploring. 🙂