We often find ourselves looking for International destinations on our bucket list and more often daydreaming about that perfect place with pretty postcard visuals or a dreamy place for inspiring photography or maybe a life-changing adventure. Planning a trip itself can be a tedious task, whereas planning a budget trip can be even more difficult. Some people may not be willing to spend a fortune on traveling and believe me you don’t even have to. All of us have major concerns about how much will the trip expenditure be, what if we end up paying much more than the estimated amount, what if we don’t have enough money to plan our trip and so on. But don’t you worry your pretty little traveler mind, I’ve got you covered there. It’s easy to save a lot of money and cut down your expenses by just following a few simple steps.
To travel on a tiny budget is a daunting thing for a lot of people as they believe in the back of their minds that it is next to impossible. This can, unfortunately, deter some would- be wanderers and enthusiastic travelers from experiencing this incredible planet. So, to help you find your next budget country, here is the list of 7 most affordable international destinations that are perfect for passionate travelers:
You will be fascinated to know that this island nation comprises of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean off East Africa. It is one of the most isolated and dreamy locations. Seychelles is known for its natural beauty, a stunning range of beaches and other offerings. It is one of my favorite and lesser known holiday destination for many people across the world. I love going offbeat. 😀 Also home for the rarest species of birds, Seychelles is a tropical paradise with rich cultural heritage. This destination is a complete package of breathtaking beauty, peace, and relaxation.
Stay and average meal cost in Seychelles: Staying in Seychelles can be as low as INR 3000 – INR 4000 per night for two adults. Also, since it is an island, you can always go camping for a more adventurous experience.
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant – Rs 244.85
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant Three-course – Rs 1,000.00
- Domestic Beer (0.5-liter draught) – Rs 60
- Imported Beer (0.33-liter bottle) – Rs 45
- Cappuccino (regular) – Rs 56.93
- Water (0.33-liter bottle) – Rs 15.48
Activities/Things to do and see
- Go Sunbathing on the beaches of Anse Lazio and Anse Source D’Argent Beach
- Go Snorkelling in Bay Ternay(Mahe Island)
- Parasailing in the Beau Vallon Beach
- Taking boat tours to Curieuse, Cousin Island, and St Pierre
Places You Can’t Miss to See in Seychelles
Anse Source D’argent Beach (Also Known as the Pink Sand Beach)
The ‘Land of Dragon’ officially known as the Kingdom of Bhutan is a small landlocked nation in Asia. Known as the Last Shangri-La, the entire country comprises of scenic valleys, majestic Himalayas, and abundance of rare fauna and flora. The rivers, arising from the Himalayas, meander through the valleys and mesmerize with their beauty. Bhutan is the only country in the world that has Gross National Happiness index and not Gross Domestic Product. Bhutan is to be one of the happiest countries in all of Asia.
Stay and average Meal cost in Bhutan: Staying in Bhutan can cost INR 1000 – INR 3000 for two adults.
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant – Rs 275
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course – Rs 996.14
- Domestic Beer – Rs 72.50
- Imported Beer – Rs 105
- Cappuccino – Rs 123.14
- Water – Rs 23.29.
Activities/Things to do and see:
- Rafting in the most popular rafting courses of Pho Chu River and Mo Chu River
- A number of treks are available in Bhutan like the Druk Path Trek, Jomolhari Trek, Snowman Trek Nabji Korphu Trek, Merak Sakteng Trek, Chomolhari Trek.
Places You Can’t Miss to See in Bhutan
Paro Taktsang Monastery: (Also known as Tiger’s Nest)
Motithang Takin Preserve
National Museum of Bhutan
The Republic of Indonesia is the largest island country in the world, with 17,000 islands and a population of over 225 million. Indonesia is also home to 167 active volcanoes, far more than any other country. From majestic mountains to glorious temples, you can discover the most beautiful places in Indonesia. And the cost of travel in here is definitely a good deal for the budget travelers.
Stay and average Meal Cost in Indonesia: Indonesia has a wide range of hostel rooms, and its price is as low as INR 400- INR 1200 per night. You can also consider homestays in Indonesia for your stay. These homestays come with varied price ranges starting from INR 550 – INR 1800 per night.
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant – Rs 119.43
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course – Rs 720.85
- Domestic Beer – Rs 155.84
- Imported Beer – Rs 239
- Cappuccino Rs – 124.28
- Water – Rs 16.97
Activities/Things to do and see:
- Visit Waterbom Water Park in Bali (Kuta)
- Go snorkelling in the Under Water Temple Garden in Nusa Lembongan
- Trekking at an active volcano – Mt Batur
- Camel safaris at Sawangan coast of Nasa Dua
- Highest Swing ride above Ayung River
- Cliff jump at Mahana Point,
Places You Can’t Miss to See in Indonesia
Raja Ampat Islands
There are more places that should undoubtedly be present on your list:
- Nusa Islands
- Toba Lake
- Deing Plateau
- Flores Islands
- Tana Toraja
- Lombok, Ubud
- Komodo National Park
Vietnam is a South East Asian Country on the South China Sea known for its beaches, rivers and Buddhist temples. It is also known for its timeless charm. Vietnam has a growing economy; it is a country on the move. It is a land of beauty and cultural complexities and is both exotic and compelling.
Stay and average Meal Cost in Vietnam: Homestay with the ethnic residents of Vietnam is the most popular form of accommodation here. You can live with the locals in their house and share almost everything. A decent homestay would cost you around INR 200- INR 1300 per night. Yay! I love Vietnam. 😀
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant – Rs 119.78
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course – Rs 1,197.83
- Domestic Beer – Rs 59.88
- Imported Beer – Rs 104.81
- Cappuccino – Rs 117.15
- Water – Rs 20.48.
Activites/Things to do and see:
- Snorkelling in Cham Island
- Trekking on the most famous Ho Chi Minh trail
- River Rafting in Saigon
- Sail in traditional Vietnamese boats in the Mekong Delta
- Explore the Cu Chi Tunnel Network (built during the French and American War)
- Enjoy an Opera Show at the Saigon Opera House
- Cycling & Hiking at Mai Chau.
Places You Can’t Miss to See in Vietnam
- Marble Mountains in Da Nang
- Imperial City Hue
- Hoan Kiem Lake
- My Son Sanctuary
- Nha Trang
- Ha Long Bay
Laos is considered to be one of the most ancient countries, with a history dating back to 1000 years old. This country is full of untouched sceneries, waiting for responsible travelers to explore it. Laos is one of the few genuinely exotic destinations left in the world. And you know what the best thing about this place is? It brings together the best of South Asia in just one destination.
Stay and average Meal cost in Laos: You can experience the real Laos with a village Homestay. Homestays are available at INR 480 – INR 2500 per night.
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant – Rs 165.74
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course – Rs 1,327.73
- Domestic Beer – Rs 82.35
- Imported Beer – Rs 124.39
- Cappuccino – Rs 152.80
- Water – Rs 24.11
Activies/Things to do and see:
- Listen to the monks pray at Golden City Temple (Wat Xieng Thong)
- Hike to see sunrise and sunset from Viewpoint Nong Khiaw/Ban Sop Houn
- Shop at Luang Prabang Night Market
- Explore the underground River Cave ( Kong Lor Cave)
- Go mountain biking amidst the local villages
- Trekking in Kuang Si
- Go White water rafting on the Nam Song River
- Go Dolphin Viewing in River Mekong
- Attend the Buddhist ceremony of alms giving to Monks.
Places You Can’t Miss to See in Laos:
- Bokeo Nature Reserve
- Luang Prabang
- Vang Vieng
- Si Phan Don Islands
- Nong Khiaw
- Tham Kong Lo
- Wat Phu
- Buddha Park Vientiane
- Bolaven Plateau Waterfalls
Kuang Si Waterfalls
Cambodia is another South East Asian nation showcasing its cultural heritage in the most enchanting form. This country is favorite for its ancient temples and historical museums. This country offers a vibrant adventure scene perfect for every kind of traveler that visits this ancient Kingdom. Cambodia has so much to bewitch travelers with its incredible range of activities.
Stay and average Meal Cost in Cambodia: Cambodian homestays provide a friendly environment for the traveler. They are available starting from INR 500- INR 2500.
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant – Rs 206.75
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course – Rs 1,068.18
- Domestic Beer – Rs 68.92
- Imported Beer – Rs 137.83
- Cappuccino – Rs 134.74
- Water – Rs 27.73
Activities/Things to do: Go on cycling tours and explore Siem Reap’s Shrines & Palaces, Watch the stunning Apsara Dance in Phnom Penh, Go sightseeing on a boat in Mekong, Experience spectacular sunrise while riding a Tuk Tuk at Angkor, Visit the Elephant valley project in Mondulkiri and swim with the Elephants.
Places You Can’t Miss to See in Cambodia:
- Preah Khan
- Angkor Wat
- Tuol Sleng
- War Museum Cambodia
- Battambang Bat Caves
- Baphuon Temple
- Southwestern Beach
- Long Set Beach.
The Philippines is a country made of more than 7000 islands. It is famous for its beaches and a fast-growing population. With 20 active volcanoes throughout the islands, Philippines is a beautiful country to explore.
Stay and Average Meal Cost in Philippines: Homestays in the Philippines can cost you as low as INR 500 – INR 2800.
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant – Rs 193.18
- Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course – Rs 901.49
- Domestic Beer – Rs 64.39
- Imported Beer – Rs 115.91
- Cappuccino – Rs 132.91
Activities/Things to do and see:
- Swim in the Hinagdanan Cave
- Go riding in the chocolate hills
- Walk in the Bamboo Hanging Bridge
- Water sports at Ariel Point
- Ziplining in Boracay
- Kite Surfing in Bulabog Beach
- Trek up the Taal Volcano.
Places You Can’t Miss to See in Philippines:
- Camiguin Islands
- Boracay Aklan
- Langun Gobingob Caves in Samar
- Kalanggaman Island
- Mayon Volcano
Huma Islands Palawan
…. So what are you waiting for? Just pick the destination of your choice and scratch it off your bucket list. If it’s your first international trip, do not worry, Get TIPS FOR YOUR FIRST INTERNATIONAL TRIP . If you have some questions, you can simply get in touch with me. 🙂